Monday 24 September 2012

Tea Party Cake Ideas - my favourites!

Tea Party Cake Ideas - my favourites!

I thought it might be an idea to suggest some cake ideas suitable for the different times that you could have a Cake Time Party.  So I'm starting off with a traditional Tea Party.

An experienced cook or if you're in a rush and prefer to pop out to buy some cakes, my suggestions would beany of these:

  • Cupcakes, dainty and pretty with lots of colour
  • Macaroons, they can also be in different flavours and colours but my ultimate favourite is Chocolate with a ganache filling.
  • Coffee Eclairs, actually not as difficult to make as you would think.
  • Shortbread, lots of different flavour combinations work well
  • Millionaires Shortbread, very decadent and delicious
  • Battenburg, not to be taken on to bake by the faint hearted!

If you'd like to bake some simpler but equally delicious cakes then I'd suggest:

  • Chocolate Cake, Harrison's Favourite
  • Coffee and Walnut Cake
  • Apple Cake
  • Chocolate Brownies
  • Cookies that have a nice squidgy centre
  • Victoria Sandwich with Cream and Fruit

What do you think?  Let me know if you have other suggestions.  A lot of these recipes are in the Cake Time Book but I will also be adding some to the recipe page here so do keep having a little look for updates here.

Happy Baking and Cake Eating!  Make Time.....


Italian Apple Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment